Thursday, September 26, 2013

Randy Orton: Almost The Heel We All Want Him To Be



I think I speak on behalf of many wrestling fans when I say that I'm glad Randy Orton has FINALLY turned heel again. That being said, I was equally happy with Triple H's simultaneous turn. I have nothing against Daniel Bryan as a wrestler or as a champion, I'm just glad that Orton and HHH are back in the roles they were meant to play. This new and improved corporation-meets-th-MacMahon-Helmsley-era stoyline is long overdue and refreshing.

I'm loving the frustration of having Daniel Bryan win the title twice in a row, only to be stripped or robbed of it. This is making him the face that the company has needed for quite some time now. This is also establishing HHH and Orton as major heels. That's kind of where the problem is.

For one thing, people have been so anxious to have Orton turn heel again that they're now cheering him on in his new role, which I think is taking some steam away from Bryan (not to say that he's not super over with the crowd). Also, as long as Triple H is around, Orton will never be the top heel or even Bryan's worst enemy.

I'm a big fan of HHH, especially as an authority figure heel, but there's no room for Orton to take all the heat. I'm wondering if this is partly why he lost his title after a short run.

My current theory is that they're going to keep building this story of Orton becoming the psycho we all know and love again and then, as a super heel, he'll win the strap again. He needs to start getting more airtime than HHH, become Bryan's #1 priority and stop relying on the Shield to help with the dirty work. We need to see a wildcard unleashed in the Viper to give Daniel Bryan the nemesis he deserves.

What do you guys think about this Attitude-Era ant-hero that Orton seems to have become? What do you think of the title being vacated? I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment